MADGIC believes in Mobile Advertising. Since 2003 we are contributing to build a mobile ecosystem where mobile users have access to high quality mobile content for free, mobile publishers earn a fair reward for their work and mobile advertisers can reach their target audience on mobile devices with a good Return On Investment. We believe that the only way to achieve this win-win-win balance is to protect users privacy and to display non-intrusive, safe and well-targeted advertising, using the right advertising formats and targeting technologies.
Protecting users doesn’t mean to stop displaying ads or to stop targeting ads based on user data. Good targeting is precisely what makes advertising more relevant, interesting, acceptable and even enjoyable for users, instead of disturbing and intrusive. Protecting users means letting users know, understand and chose what personal information is used for displaying ads to them. Protecting users, as well as publishers and advertisers/brands, also requires a strong control of advertising quality.
Here are the principles of MADGIC’s privacy and protection policy:
- MADGIC does not sell or purchase users data.
- MADGIC does not set cookies on users devices.
- MADGIC itself doesn’t collect any user data, but receives users data from publishers and pass this information to advertisers. Advertisers can then use it for displaying more relevant ads (“targeting”). User data can only include basic information associated to a device such as country, language, GPS location, device brand and model, mobile operator, user gender and age, etc.
- MADGIC does not store or use any “personal data” such as name, phone number, email address, photos, messages, credit card information, etc.
- In order to display more relevant and less intrusive ads and to limit the number of similar ads displayed to the same user (“frequency capping”), MADGIC uses anonymous and resettable device identifiers, such as the IDFA for iOS devices and GAID for Android devices.
- MADGIC stores data associated with device identifiers for a maximum period of 30 days, on secured servers.
- MADGIC does not allow adult ads or promotion of adult content, pop-up or pop-under ads, ads with sound playing automatically, ads redirecting users automatically to a landing page, ads propagating malware or viruses, phishing, scam and misleading ads.
- MADGIC automatically blocks sensitive advertising categories for minor users or users of unknown age (e.g. dating, gambling, alcohol).
- MADGIC provides tools allowing publishers to review advertising campaigns one-by-one and to block or authorize them.
Users can easily reset their device identifier or opt-out from advertising targeted using their device identifier by following these instructions:
- On iOS, go to Settings, Privacy, Advertising, then turn on the “Limit Tracking” feature or reset your advertising ID (IDFA).
- On Android, select Settings, Customization, Google, Advertising, “Reset advertising identifier” and confirm. Or on older Android devices, select Menu, Google Settings, Services, Ads menu, “reset advertising ID” and confirm.
Please feel free to contact us for any question related to our privacy and protection policy.